- Cradles/Bassinets- It is difficult to imagine the baby’s room without a cradle. They occupy an important place in the baby’s life. The cradle is the first place where the baby spends most of her/his time in the early babyhood. So, it has to be the best time. The cradle/bassinet should soothe the baby. Select a cradle with a limited swing to avoid accidents.
- Cribs- After enjoying his/her time in the cradle for a few months, the baby will be shifted to the crib. It is the place where the baby will undergo a transition. It is also the place where the baby starts sleeping independently. The crib should be guarded with safety railings.
- Crib Bedding- In the early childhood, the baby’s skin is very sensitive and prone to infections. So, choose the bedding material which is hypoallergenic. The crib mattress should have a high conformity index. Otherwise, it may lead to SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome). The crib mattress should perfectly fit into the crib without leaving gaps as they may injure the baby.
- Changing tables- Many caretakers and parents find it difficult to handle the baby while changing clothes. To deal with such situations, changing tables are designed. They come with pull out drawers to accommodate napkins, Sanitary wipes, and apparel.
After passing the early childhood stage, they will be moving to one of the memorable stages of their life. They are no longer called as babies. Now they have their own mind which is immature. Though they act on their own instincts, but one has to take care of them. Generally, parents allocate separate rooms for their young ones. Kids love to live in an environment which is colorful and playful. So, beautify the kid’s room with different furniture.
Bunk beds- To create a playful environment in the kid’s room, bring home a Bunk bed. They are similar to normal beds except for a two stage construction. Kids can easily climb to the upper part using the ladder fixed to the side of the bed. But make sure that the Bunk bed is provided with a safety rail. To avoid head injuries, consider the height of the ceiling. The mattress should go hand in hand with the bed frame.
Many kids develop a good relation with their bunk beds and want to retain them for their long time. So, manufacturers are coming with adjustable bunk beds that can be used even in teens.
- Kids Recliners- Why should parents have all the fun? Kids recliners came from such questions. They are usually placed in the living room alongside normal recliners. Personalized Kids Recliners are the order of the day. Kids recliners with cup holders are versatile in terms of utility.
- Rocking chairs- This type of chair is an energy element in the kid’s room. Their rocking mechanism enables the kid to enjoy his/her time. Look for a Kids rocking chair which has a controlled rocking mechanism to avoid accidents.
- Toy Organizers – The kid’s room should not be filthy as it may lead to unwanted health problems. Toy organizers can accommodate all toys in a beautiful way.
- Playhouses- This furniture piece has a vital role in the holistic development of the kid. They help the kid to socialize faster. They are generally placed in the lawn area.
As this stage is critical to the kid, prepare them to face the world. They will be joining the school in the near future, so prepare them mentally and physically.
- Décor- Hang attractive and informative wall charts in the kid’s room. Theme based wall hangings convey the feelings of the kid to the rest of the world. Number charts are widely used by many parents across the world.