If you have purchase something to be assembled such as office furniture, exercise equipment, or furniture for the home and the place where you bought it does not offer assembly services you will either have to put it together yourself or hire someone. If you decide to hire someone to assemble it you want to make sure that you are hiring someone that knows what they are doing.
Here are some tips to help ensure that you are hiring the right furniture assembler.
- Make sure that you are only dealing with a professional furniture assembler if you are going to pay someone to assemble the furniture you bought. They should have plenty of experience assembling various types of furniture. Do not hesitate to ask how long they have been in business, request references, and then make sure that you do check their references. Ask the reference if they were happy with the service they assembler provided.
- You should ask them what type of guarantees they offer and how long the guarantee is for. The furniture assembler should carry professional liability insurance. This is what would pay the customer if there were any problems with the assembler’s work. Ask them if they stand behind their work.
- Find out if the assembler asks for a flat fee or has an hourly rate for their work. To help save you some money find one that charges in thirty minutes increments after their first hour of work. If the job only takes two hours and fifteen minutes to complete you will only be charged for two and a half hours instead of for three hours.
- Find out if there are any extra benefits that the furniture assembler offers such as carrying the heavy boxes to the room where the furniture is to be assembled, service charge for gas, putting your furniture in place, etc.
Use doors to look like a refrigerator or cabinets, also use a door to be the microwave. Add burners on a stove with any method necessary. I’m sure you can find some old pots, pans, dishes, and silverware. Your food may disappear into their cabinets. You could place a chalkboard on the side of the stove for them to put things they need or want.
I have found that there are so many purposes for old drawers. If you don’t have any try yard sales or where people throw out dressers. This is a clear example of another man’s trash is another’s treasure. Hang drawers fronts on the wall, staging in different angles. Mix and match drawer knobs to be used as coat hangers, etc. A brilliant idea to hide your belongings is to put wheels on the bottom of the drawers to roll under your bed or even another dresser. You can even get your kids to pick up their toys now that they can roll out the drawer and roll it around the room picking up the toys, then store it under their bed.
Take a big drawer and make a bed for your dog. Outside you can use a drawer, a large one preferably to plant seeds. Before long you will see the fruits of your labor with beautiful flowers. I would take old legs from a chair to connect to the drawer so it is higher so you will be able to reach it easier. I’d paint the whole project with my favorite color or colors. Smaller drawers would be great for putting old pictures in. Stain them and place the picture inside, then hang it on your wall. I’ve seen jewelry holders made out of them. Paint it and then place screwed hooks inside to put earrings on. Then stand it up long ways for necklaces. Take a long drawer and stand it up to make a bookshelf table. If it isn’t flat on the top put a smooth surface on top so you will have your side table.
That is when bunk wall beds come in. Just like regular Murphy beds, these are comprised of two twin-sized frames and mattresses that fold up and out of the way. This leaves plenty of room for the kids to play during the daytime hours.
For parents who are considering bunk wall beds, there are a few things to be aware of including the following:
Age of the children. Most manufacturers recommend that kids sleep in these at the age of twelve or older because they are high from the floor. However, this is only a recommendation and parents can determine when their children are ready.
It may take some time to become accustomed. Going from a normal twin to bunk wall beds is an adjustment for kids. They may be afraid of being up high. This is why it is important to install the guard rails. Once they get used to the idea of the height, there will be no issues in the future.
Assemble them properly. Unlike regular bunks, there is some additional assembly that comes with Murphy bunks. Be sure that they are firmly affixed to the studs so that no one will fall from them. If all measures are taken, there should be little to no chance that there will be any issues. For increased protection and peace of mind, consider having a professional installer come in to be sure they are fully safe and secure.
Avoid any rough play. Just like with any other house rule, there should be no rough playing on the wall beds. Even when they are fully assembled according to the manufacturer’s instructions, any horse playing can result in falls or damage to the furniture.
Invest in real wood. Although it can be tempting to save money on a less expensive piece, invest in real wood furniture for the bedroom, especially with the Murphy beds. They need to be strong and sturdy to hold the weight of anyone sleeping on them.
Look at everything you put in your home for its storage potential. Having a place for everything makes a big difference in keeping the clutter in your home at a manageable level. Some of the places to pay attention to are: Under the bed find built-in drawers, bunk beds with lots of storage options can make a big difference in the children’s bedroom. Maximize the space under the stairs by using built-in drawers or shelves. Coffee tables, end tables, and night stands need to be more than a pretty piece; make sure they have storage. Add toe kick drawers under your kitchen cabinets. There can be a lot of wasted space in your seating choices; look for benches with storage. Don’t forget the bathroom. Over the toilet storage, mirror cabinets, and tower linen shelves can add a lot of needed storage space.
Think multipurpose for every piece of furniture such as couches that become beds, tables that serve dual duty as desks, and lift-top coffee tables.
Fold up furniture
One way to make use of your space is by having furnishings that fold out-of-the-way when not in use to give room for multiple activity purposes for one space. Folding chairs, desks, tray tables, Murphy beds, and portable kitchen carts can all maximize space.
Use wall space
When you can’t spread out go up! Make use of your wall space by using bookcases or shelving units, adding high shelves, or hanging things from the ceiling like a great decorative hanging pot and pan holder or a hammock to keep kids stuffed animals. A full length mirror can be the door on your closet or a cabinet. Closet organizers can be designed to your individual needs and help keep the closet and clothes more manageable.
Get rid of what is not working
It can be easy on a tight budget to collect whatever furniture you can get your hands on, but if it is not functional it can be costing you more in the long run. If it gets it the way and prevents you from keeping your home relatively clutter free, it costs your time and sanity to work around it. Don’t keep those things that are not working for you. Sell it on eBay or Craigslist or at a garage sale. Trade it with a friend or post on your favorite social media site with what you would like to replace it with. If all else fails or you just don’t want to bother, give it away and allow it to bless someone’s life. Careful choices of a few right pieces of furniture that are highly functional can make a big difference in the enjoyment you get out of your home and the best way to keep your home running smooth and functioning efficiently.
Point out an ideal place for your shelf
First, sort out a perfect for your library. Now this place can be anywhere over the walls but preferably to a corner to get a proper grip. Moreover, by selecting a corner, you can conserve much of the wall space and at the same time you can make use of the poor unused corner of you wall.
Take proper measurements
Interior designs and architecture is all about mathematics and dimension, but wait; do not confuse this with complex algebra as these are basic length measurements and we all are quite nimble in this field. Before taking a measurement of the length and breadth, you must have a rough image about the shelf size and in doing this, you may circumvent several trails and errors and other misconception. Do not make the shelves too big as this will reduce the longevity of the hanging shelves because a big rack will cut short the overall aesthetic value for your interiors.
Buy an accurate bracket
When you are done with the measurements, it is the time for holder shopping. They will act as the holders, which will support the shelf, against the force of gravity. Just simply give your desired measurements to a steel manufacturing firm, special in this kind of trade and they will at once deliver your required product.
Grill your wall
Your wall will hold the entire structure, so you need a grill it to fix the screws over it. Be quite careful in this field as grilling machines are fractionally accident-prone and if you are not experienced in this area, then you can definitely take help from a professional carpenter. Sometimes, the steel manufacturing firm furnishes this kind of grilling service.
Laying the slab
Upon erecting the holders successfully via grilling and attaching screws, you need to lay the slab, the basement where your books will rest. Maximum people employ wooden slabs but with wooden slabs, there are associated risk of termites, which hamper the overall strength, and longevity of the shelf. You can pick up a substitute of wooden slabs, like a metal slab. They are sturdy; termites cannot even kiss their surface, and they are rust free.
Different Designs of Sofas:
- Stationary: Generally, these stationary sectional sofas are very common and are designed in one shape.
- Chaise Sofas: These sofas are well-known for its comfort. Basically, these are available with the ottoman.
- Modular: These modular sectional sofas typically available in 3 piece or 5 piece. These are well-known for stand-alone furniture’s.
- Reclining Sectional: These reclining sofas are the perfect choice for the family rooms and media rooms. These are accessible in wide collections from individual movie chairs to traditional chairs.
- Home Theater Style: Like reclining sofas, these home theater style sectional sofas are an ideal choice for family rooms and media rooms.
Different Shapes of Sectional Sofas:
Before choosing the shape of the sofas, make sure the layout of your living room. So, that it can easily fit into it. If you go with modular design, you won’t need to worry about the room fit.
Different Styles of Sofas:
When it comes to choosing a sofa style, you need to have a clear-cut plan of your interior design, color and theme.
Different Types of Materials:
- Faux Leather
- Chenille Type of a materials you choose, will impact on durability, comfort and look. So, head out the one that best suits your living room.
Tips to Make Sure Before Making a Purchase:
- Sit and feel in all types of materials of sectional for comfort and durability.
- Do not place these sofas in the room, which is mainly used for watching TV. If you use a contemporary sofa in this situation, cracking necks will just make people cranky. In such a case, loveseat with chaise is the perfect solution for you.
- If your TV sits across the corner of your room, then sectional sofa is the perfect choice for you. In this case, the rounded corners offers lots of seating, and everyone can happily view the screen.
Several products are there that are manufactured with the best of the materials like wrought iron, teak, etc. They offer much durability to the things. If you are buying one of those things you need to know how to maintain the things. In this article, we have provided certain tips that can help you to maintain the pieces of furniture for a long time.
- Most of the manufacturer recommends that a simple wash with soap and water works wonders for the furniture. They strictly forbid using any kind of chemicals for cleaning the furnishings. This is because they think that it can make it break down by disturbing its composition.
- If your furniture is made up of cast aluminum, wrought iron, or aluminum then it is advised that you should use a mild soap like the car washing ones for cleaning purposes. If it gets scratched to the base metal then one can sand it down using sanding paper. This will prevent rust oxidation from occurring. You can then paint it with a matching color.
- If at all the furniture is made of natural teak then after a certain period of time it will give rise to silvery gray patina. This is a common feature of teak wood. A good thing that you can do to maintain your teak wood furniture is that you can clean it thoroughly once a year. This can be done by dissolving the household bleaching powder in warm water. The cleaning will remove out the pollution particles, algae, etc. you can also apply a coat of teak sealers so that its quality remains the same for years.
- You can use frame covers so that the cushions clean. It is recommended that you should use breathable furniture covers. Never wash the products with pressure washers as it might destroy the quality of the cushion covers.
- If you are keeping the outdoor furniture beside your pool then you should be a bit more careful about the materials that you are installing there. Because of the humid environment the materials used can succumb to corrosion and decay if they are not looked after in a proper way.
Matching Dining Sets are Still in Trend
Matching dining sets are still in demand and many people prefer them in their collection. However, the sets available nowadays are much lighter and innovative. If you are willing to decorate your area with a full dining set, then you should make the rest of the decor theme ‘casual’. This will add a softened look to your abode. You can also select a set style that is less formal, for instance, the round or a triangle one.
There are a variety of materials to choose from; wood can be one of the best choices. If you are thinking to decorate the area with some other options, then leather can be the one for you as they mingle with almost every kind of decor.
Paint can be Miracle
If you wish to add creativity, then you can paint some of your chairs to enhance the look. Think of a theme which has a combination of ocean blue chairs with the white ones.
Bright and Vivid
You can even make your dining chairs the focal points by painting them with vivid colours. Another idea is to paint the legs with rich colours and leaving the surface neutral. This will add charisma to your area.
When you are mixing the chairs and other accessories, you tend to buy the chairs and tables separately. For this, make sure that the chair fits properly. It should be of adequate height as this will ensure the comfort during dining time. Also, all the seating units should be of the same height to avoid non-uniformity.
Now, don’t just think about those picnic benches, there are several other luxurious designs as well. These designs work in the laid back dining area. You can deploy them with or without chairs. Either way, you’ll not regret your decision.
Mix and Match
For imparting an electric look to your abode you can mix styles, but this doesn’t go with every decor, and hence you’ll need an expert advice. You can try deploying the different kind of chairs all together. Just make sure that all the chairs are of the same height; different styles and dimension will add up the charisma to your area.
This is a very important decision to make, especially if your reason for renovating is to enhance the beauty of your house interior. There are many furniture designs to choose from and so many categories of furniture designs enough to make your head spin. How do you know which furniture to choose?
Determine what the interior design style of your house is. It could be classical, modern or minimalist for example. Then choose furniture that matches the kind of interior design your house has. Minimalist houses work best with simple furniture that does not have so many designs. Classical interiors work best with classical furniture. The color of the furniture should also match the theme of the house.
Furniture durability depends on the materials used on it. Hardwood furniture is a good choice because of its durability and flexibility of use. Modern homes could use some stainless material in the furniture to enhance the modernity of the house. When choosing a furniture, always ask what it is made. A quick online research will tell you whether the material would last long.
Try to avoid plastic furniture because they are not durable, often too light and therefore unstable and may not be able to carry the weight of the items you place on them. Be careful of furniture with glasses too if you have children because if the glass breaks it can injure them. If you want furniture with glass, try finding one that uses fiberglass.
Consider how much space the furniture would take in your house. If you have a small interior, then it is only common sense to avoid space-hogging furniture. On the other hand, if your interior is too spacious, using small furniture may make it look empty. Just balance your furniture size and the size of your home interior and you will be fine.
If you want furniture that can hold a lot of stuff but your interior is small, you may be able to save space by buying slim, but tall furniture so you can use the vertical space in your home.
Safety first should be a mantra of furniture buyers. While most furniture in the market are quality tested, there are some defective ones that manage to pass through the meticulous testing process. You renovate to enjoy your home life, not to put your life at risk. Make sure the furniture you buy has a good balance to keep it from tumbling over. It should not have sharp corners that could injure you. It should also be made with good quality materials and in the case of wood furniture, be not treated with poisonous chemicals.
- Clean the teak furniture- Mildew leads to discoloration, so the teak furniture should be regularly cleaned. The cleaning solution can be prepared from the home materials or you can directly buy a Teak cleaner solution. For tough stains, use the store-bought solution as it is made for that purpose. Allocate some space to clean the furniture to avoid splashes on the walls.
Prepare a home-based cleaning solution by adding a cup of chlorine bleach and laundry detergent to a gallon of warm water. Chlorine is a good cleansing agent and can remove stains. Mixing vinegar with warm water can make a good cleaning solution.
After preparing the solution, apply it to the furniture using a soft brush and transfer it to the layers of the wood by scrubbing. Allow the cleaning mixture for 15 minutes to settle, then rinse with water. This method proves good for indoor teak furniture and frequently cleaned furniture. It may not remove tough stains. For the teak furniture that has been left outside for a long time, apply a concentrated solution.
Avoid using hard brushes as it can damage the texture.
- Oil the teak furniture- the compelling factor is its nature. Generally speaking Oiling the teak furniture has nothing to do with its durability. It is intended to enhance the elegance of the furniture. It can totally transform the appeal. For the outdoor teak furniture, oil should be applied for every three months. For indoor ones, there is no need to paint them frequently as they are less exposed to sunlight and weather.
Before oiling clean the furniture as there may be oil residues which can disturb the oiling process. Apply the oil in even strokes by using a paint brush. To wipe up excess oil, use a cloth dampened with material spirits. Otherwise, it can create stains. Tung oil and Linseed oil are widely used for oiling teak furniture. Many manufacturers are mixing additives in the oil, which can block UV radiation and mildew. The oil should be applied for every three months until the oil gets surfaced on the furniture. The wood should have a matte finish at this point. Start from the bottom of the furniture piece to avoid leaving streak marks.
Above all the furniture piece should be cleaned and dried before applying the oil.
- Miscellaneous- For normal stains use a sandpaper. Rub it in the direction of the grain to avoid the texture damage. Furniture covers can lead to moisture trapping and fungus formation, so use them in rare cases. Further, they stipulate the flow of air. While shopping for teak furniture, request a maintenance guide.